- APPLICABLE LAWS refers to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ) and the respective subsidiary legislations and regulation, and any amendments;
- PERSONAL DATA refers to information, true or not, about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable (i) from that data and other information to which we have access and would include data in our records as may be updated from time to time, or (ii) defined as “personal data” or “personal information” under any Applicable Laws;
- PLATFORMS refers collectively to The Perfect Stranger website, The Perfect Stranger website, social media, bricks and mortar stores, expressed partner’s websites and any other websites which we may own or operate from time to time;
- SOCIAL MEDIA refers to Perfect Stranger pages and accounts on third-party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Vimeo, Youtube etc.;
- Perfect Stranger, WE, US, or OUR refers to Perfect Stranger (ABN 89 085 003 158), and includes any subsidiary entities in existence from time to time;
- WEBSITE refers to the Perfect Stranger website and any associated services accessed at the following address: https://www.perfectstranger.com.au; and
- YOU or YOUR refers to the user and/or customer of any Perfect Stranger platform.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or how we use your data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Although care is taken to provide accurate information, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information we post. This may include, but is not limited to, the accuracy of listed prices, availability of products and/or services, and general copy. If an error is discovered on the website, the error will be corrected or removed within a reasonable timeframe. Removing or editing particular errors may not appear visibly corrected immediately. Third party sites like Google and Facebook may also not be able to update any errors or omissions immediately on behalf of Perfect Stranger. Any user who discovers misleading information on our website or on third party websites on behalf of Perfect Stranger is encouraged to contact us.
The Policy does not cover personal data collected from individuals as part of any recruitment or selection process engaged in by contractors or recruitment agencies. The Policy also does not apply to any organisations that Perfect Stranger does not own or control or to persons that Perfect Stranger does not employ or oversee. This includes any website that links to Perfect Stranger that is not under the specified Perfect Stranger platforms.
No personal data is automatically collected from you on the platforms. Personal data identifying you is known to Perfect Stranger only upon voluntary acceptance by you. However, certain non-personal information of users (for example, the type of browser being used, the operating system used by the user and the domain name of the user’s Internet service provider) is collected. This information is primarily used for internal purposes, but only in an aggregate form (individual users cannot be identified). Perfect Stranger reserves the right to alter this policy at any time. The information you provide us with via the sign up form is used in an email list. Submission of your email addresses and other details shall be deemed to constitute permission to communicate with you using those details. Your details will form part of the guidelines for us to communicate with you as an individual. We may also use the information to try to contact you (for example, if you are a winner in a competition).
We may collect your personal data in the following ways listed below:
- When you register or use perfectstranger.com.au (the website)
- When you contact us by phone, email or live chat
- When you register for our newsletter using the online form submission
- When you enter any competitions run by Perfect Stranger
- When completing any optional surveys that we may send to you
- When shopping in store at Perfect Stranger you will be given the option to have your receipt emailed to you. By accepting this service, you are agreeing to receive marketing communication from Perfect Stranger. The team member serving you will notify you of this at the time of purchase and signage at the point of purchase will also outline this. You are free to unsubscribe from this messaging at any time using the ‘Unsubscribe’ facility at the bottom of each email. This policy aligns with the Spam Act 2003 in ensuring express consent of the customer to receive marketing communication.
- Name and surname
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Contact phone number (s)
- Billing address
- Shipping address(s)
- Order history
- Purchase information
- Payment details
- Preferred store, categories and brands
- Interactions with customer our Customer Service team
- Automatically populated (IP) address
- Information from cookies
Login data (username and password. Password information is encrypted, it is completely invisible including to our customer service team.) We do not collect sensitive information about you unless required by applicable laws or rules. Sensitive information includes information relating to:
- Race or ethnicity;
- Political or religious beliefs or affiliations;
- Philosophical beliefs;
- Sexual preferences;
- Criminal convictions;
- Membership of professional or trade associations or unions; or
- Health information or genetic information.
Why do we collect data?
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have obtained the legal right to do so. The way in which we use your data also depends on the manner for which we collected it. The main purpose for which we collect data and personal information is to facilitate online purchasing and the marketing of our goods and services, and to provide you with a personalised experience.
We may also use the data for:
- Internal record keeping.
- To deliver relevant content and advertisements for you.
- To inform or remind you of any uncompleted tasks on our website, including abandoned carts.
- Improving our products and services. Including data analysis, support, system maintenance and troubleshooting.
- To create an account and register you as a customer of Perfect Stranger.
- Periodically sending you promotional emails via the address you provided about new products, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting.
- To enable participation in promotional offers, competitions or events.
- Contacting you to confirm order information, or to resolve any other issues related to purchases.
- Modifying the website according to customer interests.
Perfect Stranger utilises a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. All user contact information is contained behind a "firewall" and only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to production systems.
Credit card security
Credit card numbers are not stored in our systems in accordance with the highest of PCI-DSS standards. When purchasing from Perfect Stranger your details are passed through to a secure server using the latest SHA-256 SSL (secure sockets layer) with RSA Encryption encryption technology. No credit card information is passed through Perfect Stranger servers. This information is sent directly to our PCI-DSS compliant payment gateway, BrainTree.
If you choose to modify your personal information or you have forgotten your password, you may do so by visiting the My Account page. Because password information is encrypted, it is completely invisible, including to our customer service team. If you desire to change your password, simply follow the prompts.
General data security
We require any third party who handles your data on our behalf to have security measures in place to handle your data in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations. In the unfortunate circumstance of a personal data breach, as Data Controller we will notify you as soon as possible, and within 72 hours, if feasible, after becoming aware of the breach.
We only keep personal data as long as you are a customer and it is necessary to provide you the services you have requested, in some certain circumstances your personal data may be stored for longer periods, e.g. when required by law. If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can contact our customer care team and request to delete your personal information that we have stored.
The majority of our web pages use 'cookies', which are small files that may be placed on your hard disk for record-keeping purposes. A cookie helps us to remember who you are and are required for some functionality of the website such as what products are in your shopping cart. Cookies can make subsequent visits to the web page simpler and more seamless. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. (However, by not accepting cookies some web pages may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information). A server cannot find out a name or email address, or anything about you by using cookies. Cookies by themselves do not tell us your email address or other personal information. However, once you choose to provide the website with personal information, via email or any other means this information may be linked to data stored in the cookie.
- Site functionality cookies - these cookies are required for determining what products are in your shopping cart.
- Site analytics cookies - this type of cookie is used to measure how our customers interact and use our site, and allows us to improve the overall site experience for our customers
- Targeting and advertising cookies - these cookies are used to deliver the most relevant ad content to you. They also allow us to control the amount of times our ads are delivered to you, and measure the effectiveness of our ads.
We may share your personal data with third party platforms in order to perform a number of business tasks. These include customer relationship management (CRM), email marketing, online advertising, website analytics, order fulfilment, returns & refunds, IT services. We work with our third party platforms to ensure that they guarantee the safety of your personal data, and ensure compliance with universal data protection standards.
The main third party providers that we use on a regular basis are listed below:
|Afterpay||An online (and in-store) payment method that allows customers to pay for online purchases in 4 instalments|
|Australia Post||Australia Post is an Australian Government owned postal service that ships our parcels domestically and internationally|
|BrainTree||BrainTree is a PCI-DSS compliant payment gateway that keeps credit card information safe and secure|
|Dotdigital Marketing Cloud||Email service provider (ESP) used to communicate promotional materials and provide purchase invoices and updates|
|Facebook Business||Advertising platform used to provide relevant paid advertising across the Facebook network|
|Freshdesk||Our support ticketing system provider used to manage customer enquiries|
How can you stop receiving Perfect Stranger communications including direct marketing material?
You can easily subscribe (join) and unsubscribe (leave) our mailing list at any time.
Each email you receive will contain easy instructions on how to unsubscribe. You can unsubscribe by following the link included in the footer of all our email marketing communications.
You can also unsubscribe/opt out of our mailing list, and update your information by logging into your Perfect Stranger account, and updating your ‘Email Preferences.'
The information you submit is kept in a secure database, for use exclusively by Perfect Stranger . When you subscribe, you will receive emails from us that may contain details of promotions, marketing initiatives, offers and other information relevant to Perfect Stranger. We can monitor which emails you receive from Perfect Stranger . We reserve the right to discontinue this service or unsubscribe you without notification.
Perfect Stranger has Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) video equipment installed in all our physical locations. This equipment is used to protect our customers, team members and sites. We also use cameras for analytics in regards to store capacity and foot traffic. All cameras used are clearly visible and are not installed inside or directly above any change rooms or locker rooms.
Each store has a dedicated external hard drive which is overwritten every 60 days. The hard drive is password protected and footage is only accessible by the manager or remotely by the IT Service Team. This footage is only accessed if needed for loss prevention, customer service reviews or law enforcement reasons.
Under data protection laws, you have the rights listed below, under certain circumstances.
- You have the right to withdraw consent for the processing and storing of your personal data
- The right to access to your personal data
- The right to correct or update your personal data
- The right to delete information
- The right to restrict information
- The right to transfer your personal data (data portability)
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. A complaint may be lodged via the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website here
- To object to automated decision making and profiling unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us providing that appropriate safeguards are in place or your explicit consent has been obtained.
In order to exercise any of the rights listed above, contact us by email at email@example.com, or by calling 1300 553 520.
If you have an enquiry or complaint regarding any privacy issues, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 1300 346 813. A ticket will be lodged for which you will receive a reference number. A representative from our team will investigate your enquiry, and be in contact with you to resolve any issues.
Although care is taken to provide accurate information, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information we send you. For example, prices may be subject to change, not all styles will be available in all stores, and typographical errors are likely to occur. Once an email containing errors is sent to you we cannot correct it. In the case of the discovery of an error in a sent email we may or may not notify you of the error.
More information about Privacy law and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website www.oaic.gov.au.
We may run online surveys and ask visitors for their demographic information. Demographic and profile data is also collected at our site. We use this data to tailor your experience at our site, showing you content and promotional offers that we think you might be interested in, and displaying the content according to your preferences. Perfect Stranger may run surveys through Google Consumer Surveys, a third party survey platform. The type of information collected will be of a demographic and of a non personally identifiable nature. For example we may ask your gender and age, but no more information. These surveys will capture information about your preferences such as the type of content you would prefer to see. This information is reviewed on aggregate for the purpose of improving the user experience and improving Perfect Stranger 's marketing effectiveness.
We may run competitions from time to time on our site in which we ask visitors for information for the purpose of entry. We use contact data from our contests to send users information about upcoming contests and promotional offers. On occasion we will email customers promotional material from some of our partners. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary for winner notification and prize delivery confirmation.
The majority of the contests that we offer are hosted on the Perfect Stranger server; however, there may be cases in which a third party sponsor like a supplier will host the contest and collect user information. In those cases, we urge users to review the terms and conditions of entry and if applicable, the privacy statement of the third party site. Users may opt out of receiving future mailings.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices please call Perfect Stranger Customer Care on 1300 346 813 or email email@example.com
Perfect Stranger reserves the right to modify this agreement at any time.
ABN 89 085 003 158
Fax 07 3367 8482
HO Unit 6/2 Jenner St, Nundah QLD 4012 Australia